Our terms and conditions aren’t intended to bore you to tears, but are intended to clarify expectations and outline the process involved.
These terms and conditions apply to any work undertaken on a price-per-project basis. Please contact us for our terms regarding our monthly content and editing bundles.
The beginning of something brilliant:
- Simply pick up the phone or send a quick email outlining what you need and when you need it for.
- At super-quick speed we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quotation. All quotations are valid for 14 days. We’ll also send you a copywriting brief to complete, which allows us to find out more about your business, your target audience and the style/tone of voice you require.
- If you’re happy with the quotation, simply send us written confirmation confirming that you agree to our fee, have read our terms and conditions and wish us to go ahead (a quick email will do!).
- Before we begin, we require a 50% deposit. Once this is received, we’ll get cracking.
How it works:
- Before starting, we’ll agree a date when you’ll receive an initial draft of your content.
- If you’re happy with the initial draft (the vast majority of our clients are!) and you don’t require any changes or amendments, we’ll send you your final invoice.
- Should you require any changes to your initial draft, we’ll make these for you straight away.
- We require feedback concerning each draft we issue within five working days. If we haven’t heard back from you within 10 working days, we reserve the right to issue your final invoice.
- Should you require any changes to the copy due to new information, which wasn’t provided in the brief, we’ll give you a quote for the additional work.
- Once you’re completely satisfied with your content, we’ll issue your final invoice. The final invoice is payable on receipt.
- Payment later than 14 days after the issue of the invoice may be actionable and incur interest.
- All payments should be made via bank transfer.
- We don’t currently charge VAT, so small businesses rejoice!
Copyright, responsibilities and permitted uses:
- We meticulously check that our work is free of spelling, grammar and factual errors, but we’re only human so can’t guarantee this. It’s your responsibility to check all content before publishing or printing. Upon payment of our final invoice, you take full responsibility of the copy.
- Upon payment of the final invoice, full copyright of the copy will be assigned to you or your company or organisation.
- We retain the right to publish extracts of our work or links to online material in our portfolio and other places, in order to promote our services. This is also a great bit of free marketing for you!
- Should you require any copy produced to remain confidential, we’re happy to agree to this and to sign a non-disclosure agreement provided this is arranged in advance.
Cancellations and refunds:
- As soon as we receive a deposit, we begin researching immediately. Therefore, all deposits are non-refundable.
- Should you wish to cancel our services before your project is completed, we reserve the right to charge a kill fee of up to 80% of the value of your project. Our services have never been cancelled prior to completion. However, in the event that they were, the kill fee would be required to cover our time spent on the project.
Thank you for taking the time to read our terms and conditions. Now let’s get cracking!